PATTERN: Summer Vacation Dress
What are you doing this summer?
Will there be shopping and dancing?
Are you headed to grandpa’s farm?
Will there be amusement parks and friends?
and lots of yellow sunshine?
We hope it’s all of the above.
Summer vacation is whatever you make it.
But it certainly helps to have a cute dress or shortie to make it in!
You guys have asked over and over again. How do you sew with Elastic Thread? How do you make a Shortie? Well here it is! A Pattern for ALL skill levels. Make it as easy or as complex as you’d like.
The pattern includes FIVE different looks, 3 additional ideas, and plenty of room for your own creativity.
The pattern works for ANY size child or even an adult. The examples show in the pattern are for a 3-4 year old but we have included a sizing ration to help you adjust to your size and needs. Hey, you can make one for yourself!
Included in this Pattern are:
* FIVE different Looks and styles to choose from.…
- The Basic Blue DRESS
- The Dot DRESS, with Armholes and Buttons
- The Yellow SHIRT, with Armholes and Bias Tape Straps
- The Red Dress, with Ruffled Straps and Gathered Pockets
- The Shortie, a one-piece shorts outfit made from a Man’s T-shirt
* VERY detailed Step-by-Step and Easy-to-follow instructions for the beginner to intermediate sewer.
* Beautiful colored photos.
* Patterns and measurements (only 2 pages of pattern pieces need to be printed)
* Working with Elastic Thread and making Shirred summer dresses (or “faux smocked”).
* Original Pattern Piece and info for attaching more room in the “seat” of your Shortie (so it’s not so tight in the bum).
* Making your own Satin Ribbon using your Serger (note: you do NOT need to have a serger to sew from this pattern).
* Making gathered pockets.
* Measurements in the METRIC system are included (as well as the English system)
* Answers to the “what if” questions.
* Tons of great stuff!
This is a 40-page PDF document which means you download it after payment to your computer–the pattern is not mailed to you. When you open the download pattern link, make sure you save the pdf file to your computer so you always have it for future use!
School’s almost out. Get your summer clothes ready!
I you need a more modest look for the Summer Vacation Dress….
Throw a sweater on top, a shirt underneath, or better yet….add sleeves to it!
(note: THE PATTERN DOES NOT INCLUDE INFO ON MAKING SLEEVES – only straps).
Combine The Summer Vacation Dress and Shortie PATTERN with
The SHIRT DRESS TUTORIAL, and you have a Shirred Summer Dress with sleeves.
More info shown HERE.
All patterns, photos, and information contained in this pattern are the property of Dana Willard and the MADE site. All rights reserved. Reproduction not permitted. Sales of products produced using this pattern must be done by purchasing a Limited Production License.
The Summer Vacation Dress and Shortie pattern Copyright © 2011 Dana Willard. All rights Reserved. Reproduction not permitted.