I hope you’re having fun with the FLIP Vest Pattern. Some of you have shared your versions with me and I love it! If you have a vest to share….add it to the youMADEit Flickr group, or Instagram me a photo at @danamadeit, or if it’s boyish add it to the Celebrate the BOY Flickr group!
And speaking of boys….
Boy oh boy I’ve been sewing all week. Got some fun stuff to share with you starting Monday!
Okay on to the FREE part of this post.
Before releasing a pattern, I always have a few people test it out for me and provide feedback. And seriously, their feedback is invaluable. Their suggestions totally made the pattern better for me and you.
And today three of them are sharing Pattern Reviews and Giveaways on their site!….starting with a totally girly version by Maggie of Smashed Peas and Carrots. Isn’t her daughter a doll? Her expression is killing me. And she’s got a secret fabric inside her vest…..
Kristin from Skirt as Top made a cool old-timey version with black linen and buttons down the front. You gotta head over to see the front…..and her adorable O.
Then if you really want to amp it up, check out what Miranda at One Little Minute did! She added snaps, pockets, zippers, different pockets on each side, four options! It’s a vest full of surprises! And cute little models to show them off.
So that’s 3 reviews, 3 giveaways, 3 patterns per giveaway.
Here, Here, and Here.
And if you wanna just go ahead and do this thing, purchase the Flip Vest Pattern HERE!
(You can also preview a 4-page sample of the pattern HERE. Your computer will prompt you to download/open a small 400KB file in Preview or Acrobat, etc).
and I’m gonna be in trouble.
Cause all his homemade clothes look like this! yikes.
My BOY is growing up. He’s 5 years old!
And this little guy is gone:
So…..it’s time to replace the grown-out sleeves, high-water shorts, and old looks.
Yes! Let’s Celebrate the BOY!
Can you believe it’s been almost 2 years since Rae and I joined forces??…dedicating a few weeks JUST to BOY projects?
If you’re new to CTB (Celebrate the BOY), here’s the scoop:
3 years ago Made by Rae and I thought there should be more BOY projects in blogland. So we started a month-long series where we and guests bloggers shared boy clothing and project ideas. Check out the detailed archives page HERE and check out Rae’s archives HERE.
This time around we’re taking it more casual and we’d love you to play along.
Here’s what’s happening:
• CTB will be two weeks long and starts NEXT MONDAY! 2/25
• Projects will be from MADE and Made by Rae (no guests)
• Rather than having guest posts, we’ll be sharing round-up posts of YOUR stuff! So please add your Boy projects, tutorials, creations to the CTB Flickr Group.
• Hashtag your photos to Instagram and Twitter with #celebratetheBOY I’ll do some roundups on IG as well! (you can find me @danamadeit)
• If you haven’t sewn any Boy projects, no worries! That’s what we’re here for. Hopefully our BOY weeks will inspire new ideas in you and you’ll feel the itch to sew along while we celebrate.
• Share the BOY love on your blog! Grab one of our large graphics (the one above or below) or grab a smaller button below for your blog sidebar. And link them all to the archives page HERE. I’ll be adding new projects to that page as we go along.
Large graphics (above and below):
Okay. Let’s do this thing!
See you BOYs back here on Monday (with other posts on the blog in-between of course)
Have a great Monday!
Check out what Delia made with the Flip Vest Pattern!
I’m in love. I want both.
For me…or Clara.
Especially because the little plaid version has a secret color inside! So head over to check it out, read her pattern review….and win free FLIP VEST PATTERNS! She’s hosting a giveaway that ends Monday night! Woohoo!
And now I’m off to double-check that the Downton finale is set-up to record tonight…
Have a great Sunday!