MADE Everyday VIDEO: my easy, favorite, Go-To Baby Blanket

by Dana on June 3, 2014

Remember when Clara was a baby?

…and she and I loved to make the same facial expression?

Okay maybe you don’t remember that part.
But.
We do love the same same go-to baby blanket!
It’s fast, easy, and only uses ONE layer of fabric…cause when you’re swaddling a baby, you want a receiving blanket that’s not too heavy and feels cozy on their skin.
Check. Check.

And….(yep) it also uses my favorite sewing item: Bias Tape
Woohoo!

So come watch our new MADE Everyday episode and make your own!

Just hit the play button below and enjoy….

And if you missed our video on How to Make Bias Tape, watch it HERE.

MADE EVERYDAY with Dana is a fresh new sewing show, where we create fun things using everyday items.
To watch other episodes:
• Click the VIDEO tab at the top or….
• Subscribe to my Youtube channel so you’re updated as soon as the episode goes live.

1 tukimu June 3, 2014 at 5:44 pm

so lovely video!

2 Melissa June 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Too cute! I love how professional the look of bias tape is, too. I really need to get my craft room set up so I can leave my sewing machine out all the time…I’m sure I would use it more!

3 Marilyn June 3, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Love it!

4 Ali B June 4, 2014 at 5:41 am

Thanks Dana! Have just found out baby number 4 is on the way so this tutorial is perfect for me!

5 Courtney Wilson June 4, 2014 at 12:41 pm

A few years ago I taught my 8 year old how to sew a straight line. She’s 11 now and is SO much better than I am. She is my “go to gal” for whenever I need anything made.

She watched your bias tape video a few months ago and made a ton of bias tape and puts it on everything now :) Thanks for the tutorials!

6 Mikea June 4, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Hey! I just pulled out fabric for a blanket for the birthday girl! I may do this one for the baby though since August is so hot! Thanks!!

7 Lynet June 4, 2014 at 4:07 pm

you’re such a natural…i didn’t think you could get cheerier, but oh yeah. ya did. :) love that custom bias tape!

8 Megan @ Homemade Ginger June 4, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Just adorable!

9 Patty June 5, 2014 at 2:47 am

Love every single of your tutorials and I think you are cool!so natural and clear!
Hugs
Patty

10 cucicucicoo June 5, 2014 at 3:11 am

I just love that little bit of pizzazz the bias tape give a simple blanket! And this is a perfect new baby gift for an acquaintance that you don’t want to spend hours sewing something more complex for. Great video as always! :) Lisa

11 Chelsi June 6, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I just had my 4th child and made him two of these blankets out of interlock knit. They are the best swaddle blankets. I also love the idea of using a fat quarter for bias tape. So many options and you don’t have to wait to get the fabric cut!!! Thanks for the awesome video!

12 Sasha June 7, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Just had to run out and grab some knit and coordinating fabric for bias tape. Thank you for the lovely inspiration! All the spam comments are ridiculous :(

13 JackeiNj June 11, 2014 at 5:19 am

Hi Dana,
That blue striped bag that hangs in your guest bedroom, I just love it.
Did you sew it? What pattern did you use?
Thanks.

14 Patricia June 19, 2014 at 8:12 am

These are genuinely great ideaws in on tthe opic of blogging.
You have touched some good things here. Any way keep up wrinting.

15 massageya June 19, 2014 at 9:24 am

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative and interesting, and without
a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something that not enough folks are
speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy I found this in my hunt for something concerning this.