the evolution of photo-taking, with kids

by Dana on May 29, 2014

One of my kids is into taking pictures.
One is not.
It’s always been that way, and it always will be.
I’m sure you can relate!

Annnnnd. That’s a wrap.

Jump in the car!  We’re gonna to be late for school!
Of course capturing the moment is always worth it.

And even though they had to go to school on Memorial Day (to make up for all the bad weather days during the year.  Yep…icy weather in hot Texas.  It happens)….well, you really don’t mind being there on a holiday if you get to wear your Field Day shirts, march in a parade with a hand flag, and sing “I’m proud to be an American!”

Thank you to all our soldiers who give their lives to keep us strong!

1 Rita May 29, 2014 at 2:02 pm

All of the pictures are adorable! My favorite is “stop hitting me with your arm”, LOL, I love the facial expressions. :)

2 Dana May 29, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I can hear his tone of voice right now :)

3 cucicucicoo May 29, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Ha! That is so funny and I can totally relate! My daughter is always huffing and puffing about my taking pictures of her modelling things. “A-gain?!” “Aren’t you *done* yet?” One time that I was taking pictures when a friend of hers was there, the friend asked her, “Why is your mom taking all these pictures?” My daugher: “[sigh.] She’s always doing that.” But in the end, she loves it! Trying to get both of my kids to play along at the same time in pictures is nearly impossible– I can’t imagine how many deleted shots you must have when you’re trying to take shots with all three of your kids! :) Lisa

4 Becky Thompson May 30, 2014 at 5:59 am

As a third-generation US military retiree (20 years US Air Force and still serving as a USAF civilian employee), you are entirely welcome and it was/is my pleasure.

What a very nice way to begin my day. With a smile and a tear and a hug around my heart. No…on second thought. Thank YOU!

5 Emily May 30, 2014 at 9:49 am

ha!!! I can totally relate… I’ve gotten super quick at photoshoots because my boys have about 2 min. before they lose it… There are always great outtakes ;o)

6 treen May 30, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Wait. Has Owen actually caught up with Lucy in height? Already? Or am I just seeing things there?

7 KKann June 2, 2014 at 3:07 am

Adorable.

8 Nancy June 2, 2014 at 10:37 am

I’ve been having these moments since my second was born (they are now two and four). It’s so difficult to get a “perfect” shot of them together so I’ve learned to embrace the ol’ naturale as that is just how we roll. Thanks for sharing and letting us all know we are not the only ones! :-)