The pattern I’ve been working on for months is finally here!
And I’ve sewn it so many times that my kids are totally outfitted for the summer.
Now your kids can be too!
KID Shorts PDF Pattern – $8
This is the ultimate shorts pattern for kids of all ages.
In one pattern you get 11 sizes, multiple looks, endless options, and room for your own twists and turns. We’ll start with the basics. Then we’ll mix it up!
and whatever else you can think of!
It really is a choose-your-adventure kind of thing.
And you can cater the pattern to fit your needs.
Pick your style, pick the length, use the included sizing chart to find your waist-size, then sew them on up as outlined in our detailed tutorials.
If you’ve followed our KID pants series, you’re gonna love our Shorts.
Pull up a chair and check out the details….
I’ve set up this pattern a little differently than my others.
By purchasing the pattern, you receive printable pattern pieces in 11 different sizes—ages 12 months to 10 years old—along with instructions for printing, piecing together, fabric types and amounts, and other applicable pattern set-up.
THEN when you’re ready to sew….hop onto MADE for a slew of free tutorials, outlining the details and tips for each Shorts style. I’ll be adding a new tutorial every day this week and more throughout the month! This way I can bring you endless options with easy access.
Click a tutorial button below to get started:
PATTERN and PRINTING DETAILS
• This is a 52-page PDF document, which means you download it after payment to your computer. The pattern is not physically mailed to you. After purchase you are sent a link for downloading the pattern to your computer (this is sent to the email address attached with your paypal account). Please note that the link will expire after a few days! So when you open the download pattern link, make sure you save the pdf file to your computer so you always have it for future use.
• The file size is 1.6 MB
• You do not need to print every page. A chart is included, showing which pages to print for each size.
• Pages print to standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper (for printing outside of the US see below)
• Pages are pieced together by trimming along the border, matching them at the markings, and taping together. I’ve tried to make this as simple as possible with detailed instructions in the pattern itself.
• The pattern comes in 11 sizes: ages 12 months to 10 years old
• There are separate pattern pieces for the Front and Back of the shorts to ensure a more perfect fit. The back piece is roomy to fit over a kid’s bum and the front sits comfortably below the belly button for a flattering look.
• The smallest sizes (12m, 18m, 2Y) have additional room in the back bum to fit over a disposable diaper. Sizes 3Y-10Y are meant for potty-trained children.
• Sizes are based on the average size of a child for each age category. But don’t feel tethered to the age. The best way to find the proper size is to go with your child’s waist measurement (or the area where you would like the shorts to hang on their body). This chart is included in the pattern to help determine sizing. Finished waistband measurement should match your child’s waistband measurement (roughly)
• Each pattern size is color-coded (but pages can also print in Black and White).
• Each pattern piece prints with 2 sizes together (except for the smallest baby sizes). This makes it easier to read the pattern lines.
Sizes that print together:
12 months, 18 months, 2 years old
The pattern is great for all sewers! A beginner will learn how to sew Basic Shorts and then mix it up with different looks. Intermediate and advanced sewers will love the options and freedom to add their own style.
FABRIC and SUPPLIES
• 1/2 to 1 1/4 yards of fabric, depending on size (fabric chart included in the pattern)
• 1/2 yard or less of 1-inch wide elastic
• 2-3 yards of Bias Tape (for Racer shorts)
* You do NOT need a serger for this project *
Printing in another Country (outside of the US)
The pattern was created for standard US printers but should work for other countries as well. There are measuring rulers on the side of each page (in inches) so you can see if you’ve printed to the proper print size. The pattern images do NOT print to edge of the paper…so I recommend printing to your standard size paper, checking the ruler, and matching the pattern pieces up as outlined in the instructions.
Ready to sew shorts??
Bring on the Summer!
• Instant payment is through Paypal
• E-check payment through paypal will delay your pattern download a few days.
• MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER EMAIL ADDRESS ATTACHED TO YOUR PAYPAL
ACCOUNT. This email address is where the info about your purchase and
download instructions will be sent.
• You will receive a few emails confirming your payment and providing info about downloading the pdf pattern to your computer.