from 75 to 15…Alt Summit I’m ready for you!

by Dana on January 24, 2013

It’s been a quiet blogging week….but a crazy one at my house!
I’ve been running around preparing my good and clothing for the Alt Design Summit which I’m speaking at on Friday on the topic of “From Blog to Book”.  I’m so excited!

My business cards arrived on Tuesday.  And a few hours before my flight I was sewing up books for my presentation.  Typical procrastination.

But I got it all done!  All 100 books sewn, pencils sharpened, fabric and napkin flowers ready to decorate my table.

And new business cards. Woohoo!
I went with the same company as last time (since I was, of course, creating them last minute and needed something fast)  But the quality is great and I love them!

A little of MADE on a 4×6 postcard:

Then I threw it all in a suitcase with my clothes.  And eventually it all fit.  And eventually I made it to Utah.   And eventually it sunk it just HOW cold it is here.  Yikes!  14 degrees???  It was 75 when Ieft Austin and the kids were jumping on the trampoline.
Wish me luck on that.

And…if you live in Utah, I’m going to be on the show Studio 5 today on KSL! (show starts at 11am, I think) They’ll be live at the Alt Summit, interviewing a few of us.  So check it out.

Have a great day!

1 Alexis January 24, 2013 at 9:25 am

How cute is your wardrobe?!

2 Vivian January 24, 2013 at 9:26 am

Welcome to the freeze of Utah! I’m sorry you couldn’t bring some of that trampoline weather with you, we sure need it.

3 Kristie January 24, 2013 at 9:33 am

Freezing rain from last night. Enjoy it, right?
Love Utah, just not with the inversion.
Hope you have fun, and thanks for letting us know about studio 5. I will be checking that out!

4 kim January 24, 2013 at 10:21 am

love the business cards!

5 Nikki @ Outnumbered January 24, 2013 at 10:27 am

well at least you’re not here in winnipeg where it’s been around -40F with the windchill for the last week or more! it’s insane!!!!
have fun!!

6 hotdish January 24, 2013 at 11:26 am

Yay, a fellow Canuck! Ottawa’s had the same temps this week with windchill, -28C to -32C (-19F to 25.6F) without! (14F is more normal)
Good luck at the Alt Summit, Dana and stay warm. Lucky participants!

7 Cami January 24, 2013 at 10:32 am

Good luck! (With the speaking AND the weather!)

8 Lauralee January 24, 2013 at 10:38 am

Woo-hoo! Have fun! I think I have followed your blog from the beginning, and it’s been fun to see your blog grow and become *famous*. :)

9 Collette January 24, 2013 at 10:50 am

Oh, have fun Dana! And good luck. I’ll wave to you from my house try to catch you on TV while shuttling kids around.

10 Lynette January 24, 2013 at 11:16 am

Have so much fun! And I’m so sorry it’s so cold. I live at the bottom of Utah where it’s 40 this morning…I guess that’s a little better! :) I’ll be watching you on Studio 5 while chasing a baby and folding a whole week’s worth of laundry. :)

11 Anne January 24, 2013 at 11:20 am

And are you loving the air here? Hopefully it warms up a bit (sad when over 30 is starting to look warm) and the gunk clears out a bit before you leave!

12 Rachel January 24, 2013 at 11:28 am

Wish I was in UT! Have fun and good luck! I love the cover of your books!

13 Kelley January 24, 2013 at 11:48 am

wish I could go!

14 Felicity @ Our Little Beehive January 24, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Have so much fun! I wish I could be there!

15 Claudia January 24, 2013 at 12:30 pm

It’s like your first day of school! So exciting!
Wardrobe is perfect! I hope there are boots in there somewhere.
The flower picks are so cheery!
Have fun, stay warm! We are below zero here so 14 would be a heat wave!

16 Melissa Shultz January 24, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Your wardrobe is as colorful and fun as your blog. Love it!!! That temp change is quite drastic. We’ve been in the low to upper teens the past 3 days here. Tuesday and Wednesday we had a wind chill of 0 – 5 below. Yikes! And on Sunday it was in the 50′s. What gives? Anyway, good luck with everything and have fun. Will be looking forward to hearing about your trip when you get back. Stay warm!

17 Lynet Witty January 24, 2013 at 12:43 pm

ugh, brrr! you gave me chills. have fun!

18 ali thompson January 24, 2013 at 12:54 pm

sounds like you have a fun week planned! the fabric flower is adorable.
xoxo

19 Karen January 24, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Just watched you! Good Job!

20 Danita Courtney January 24, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I’m sure it was a blast! All that you do is inspirational! Thank you!

21 Disney January 24, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Dana!! This post made me so happy, I’m so excited for you. What a fun trip! Take. Lots. Of photos. PLEASE! I can’t wait to see what it was like. I wish so much that I could hear you speak! Have fun!!

22 anna January 24, 2013 at 1:57 pm

beautiful! have a great time, you’re an amazing woman and role model!

23 Kerry January 24, 2013 at 2:22 pm

WOw! amazing – have a blast!

24 Kim January 24, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Welcome to Utah, Dana. Sorry we couldn’t have better weather for you. Record lows, even we’re freezing! Love, love, love all you’ve created for ALT. Very inspiring! So wish I was going to be there–have fun. :)

25 Natalie Cox January 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm

How fun! Wish I was there!!! Can’t wait to see the show.

26 Gretchen January 24, 2013 at 3:29 pm

So fun to see you on Studio 5. You looked beautiful and I loved the Goodnight Moon idea! Sorry you had to visit with this awful weather:(

27 marsi January 24, 2013 at 4:04 pm

i love all your loot! but you are funny bringing your spring wardrobe to 17 degree weather. i’m from cali, so i’d probably do the same….have no clue how to dress in coldness which is why i freeze to death when i go up to the mountains. your topic sounds fun! can’t wait to hear all about it.

28 Anshu January 24, 2013 at 4:14 pm

This looks so much fun. I wish I was there.

29 jodie January 24, 2013 at 5:44 pm

wish i was there to hear you talk Dana, good luck with it all! (btw we are having heat waves here in australia, hoping for some rain, seems its not just a oz thing to talk about the weather. :O)

30 Jenny January 24, 2013 at 9:40 pm

hope it’s a great trip! be thankful you’re not in Vermont this week… warmest day was Monday and it was in the single digits before taking into account the wind chill. Yesterday with windchill it was 45 below, today was 30 below. Good times! Thank goodness for fireplaces and down coats!

31 Erica January 25, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I wish your segment on Studio 5 had been longer! So fun to see you on TV! :o)

32 Amber Wright January 25, 2013 at 4:25 pm

wish it were longer too! but the conference sounds so fun. hope it was so lots of fun and look forward to your next post. i also enjoyed getting to know studio 5, a great show and got some other great tips.

33 Katie January 25, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Love the new business cards! And I SO wish I could be at your class. Perhaps a recap on the blog for those of us not lucky enough to be at Alt? :)

34 Delia January 25, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Yes. It is much colder this year than last year! Wish I could have seen you. Next time for sure! I just watched your KSL clip. You were perfect! SO great.

I am totally decided. I am going to ALT next year…no doubt about it! :)

35 Shannon January 26, 2013 at 12:28 am

good luck!

36 Mina January 27, 2013 at 1:03 am

Loved being part of your roundtable “From Blog to Book”. It was so informative and I’m glad you gave us the little books because there was so much info overload at Alt that I would’ve forgotten everything otherwise! : ) Take care!! By the way… loved your outfit that day and meant to tell you that! : )

37 Camie January 27, 2013 at 2:07 am

Oh my, it looks like you had so many fun goodies to give and share with all the Alt goers! I’d love to get some of your insights on the “blog to book” segment you did. Maybe you can share that on your blog sometime?! :)
You’re super talented and I love seeing the fantastic things you do!

38 Megan January 27, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Your business cards are so cute! Those gold shoes are pretty darn cute too. Where are they from?

39 Anneliese January 28, 2013 at 12:37 am

Wish I could have been at your presentation! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

40 Brittany January 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Wow, why am I always a week late on these things? Seriously, Dana. If you’re in SLC… YOU NEED TO CALL/EMAIL ME!! (The caps is for emphasis. Don’t worry, I’m not yelling.) I’m just so disappointed I missed you!

41 Sarah January 29, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Your cards turned out perfectly. Wish I could go to hear your presentation and see whats in those cute sewn books! Sounds like fun!

42 Peiling January 30, 2013 at 12:30 pm

hey disney, i bought that exact same orange ‘ribbon’ fabric from spotlight in Singapore a few weeks ago too! I haven’t decided what to do with it, but grabbed it (it was on sale too!) cos it looked like it has so much potential! Haha, we share good taste!

43 Peiling January 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

oh my goodness, what a grave typo. I was reading Disney’s blog followed by yours and I got your names all wrong. I’m so sorry, Dana. I really am. It’s 1.30am in Singapore and my brain’s really slow. We all look forward to your stories on Alt Summit! safe trip and good luck!