7 months old

by Dana on September 27, 2012

Time for the monthly update.
Guess who’s sitting up?
And loves it! Such a new perspective on life (and ability to reach for toys).

Oh Clara. I love, love, love this little girl!
I loved my other babies too. But I’m enjoying this one even more (since she’s probably our last)….rubbing my hands in those leg folds, smooching the squishy cheeks, letting her climb all over me and trying not to mind. The other day Lucy and I grabbed a onesie from her room and smelled it, just to get a dosage of Clara while she was taking a nap. How ridiculous is that?

But you see what I’m dealing with?Happy girl.

And hitting all the normal milestones.
Chewing everything in sight?
Check.Old man combover?
Check.Chubby cheeks?
Double check.And guess what else happened this month?
First tooth! She’s been running her tongue over it for weeks, trying to understand life.
There’s a little peek….
Just a bud so far. It makes me a bit sad that the gummyy grin will be gone forever. But then I remember how freaking cute they look with a tooth duet on the bottom. Now I can’t wait for the other one to break surface as well.

Since I’m always talking about what a good girl she is, it’s only fair to mention that YES she is human. She gets cranky, frustrated, flails, cries (but still looks so cute doing it).And typically she’s back to this again…..coerced to smile for Instagram photos (find me at danamadeit)
We’re truly blessed to have a sweet baby.
Please don’t grow up too fast (but get working on that 2nd tooth. Thank you)Here’s the 7 month comparison!

Read about each month here:
1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months
6 months
7 months
8 months
9 months
10 months
11 months
1 YEAR OLD!

1 Erin September 27, 2012 at 11:10 am

Aww, she is so beautiful! My little gal is 6 months tomorrow and just got a tooth as well…. Bittersweet for this mama too!!!

2 Amy September 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

Just gorgeous! I have a 10 month old boy and can totally echo your feelings. So hard not to just hug and squeeze them all day long!!

3 jennie September 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

SHE IS DELICIOUS!

4 jemz September 27, 2012 at 11:16 am

So adorable!!! My little 7 month old girl is teething hardcore and still no tooth in sight! I love all your pictures of Clara on Instagram. So hard NOT to snuggle them, especially when they are too cute at being cranky.

5 Marytha September 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

She is just too precious!!!

6 Gosia September 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

I love her! She’s so cute, even when crying! All the best, baby!

7 Carolyn September 27, 2012 at 11:26 am

She could not be any cuter! Seriously – it’s not possible!
I have a daughter too who’s just a couple months younger than Clara and there is something really special about knowing that this one is probably your last…it just makes you want to treasure every second and every stage (even the ones that drive you crazy)

8 Valerie September 27, 2012 at 11:27 am

Dana, you are truly blessed! I love how you have been capturing Clara’s personality. I have never met you but I feel like I know you between tutorials, pictures and reading your site. You are like scrap booking on line; what a keepsake. Enjoy your precious bundle of love. Owen and Lucy are wonderful specimens for your projects to show us. Thank you so much for all of your inspiration and making it simple ideas.

9 Jenny September 27, 2012 at 11:28 am

What great photos! With the orange headband in, she looks just like you (I’m thinking of your eating breakfast shots from a recent blog post). She’s absolutely adorable – my littlest is 15 months and I’m trying to enjoy all the squeeziness before it goes away too (he’s a late walker, so he’s still got lots of rolls on him!).

10 ira lee September 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

she is such a sweetie! i miss mine being babies- oh so much. it hurts my heart sometimes. now my baby boy is 7 and does too much talking and playing at school and a lot less being good. -eye roll- boys!!!!

11 Kelly September 27, 2012 at 11:35 am

She’s a doll. :)

12 kristin September 27, 2012 at 11:38 am

awwww happy babies are just the best. i might say this every time you post photos of her but…she’s scrumptious!!

13 Ginger September 27, 2012 at 11:52 am

I have always thought my kids were the cutest. Definitely cuter than any I know or have been around. So it pains me to say, that IS the cutest baby I have ever seen. Ever.

14 Emily September 27, 2012 at 11:54 am

She’s so cute! I would be squishing her and kissing her all day long too. Good luck with the teething (and good bye gummy smiles).

15 papelhilo September 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm

she’s so nice ! and I understand what you feel with her as I felt the same with my fourth (and last) baby : trying to keep the sensation of it forever ! (and unfortunately, it’s not possible …)

16 eva maria September 27, 2012 at 12:43 pm

My God, she is adorable !!

17 Creadientje September 27, 2012 at 12:56 pm

What a cute little girl Clara is… what a blessing!!

18 Jackie September 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Preciousness.

19 Kere September 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm

She is the most adorable lil babe I have ever laid eyes on! (someone else’s anyway ;) )
Her eyes, and that combover <3, not to mention the cheeks!
Even dh thinks she is just adorable!

Kere

20 Aline September 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm

She is lovely. And I really can relate to your story. I am totally in love with my one-year-old boy – he is my third and last child, so I am way more conscious of every single step in his development than I was with my girls.

21 Felicity @ Our Little Beehive September 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

So cute! My little guy got his first tooth last week at 9m and I’m sad about the gummy smile going away too.

22 Martine September 27, 2012 at 2:33 pm

She is so adorable !
Greetings from Belgium , Martine

23 Leigh Anne September 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Just adorable! My fave is the little comb over…..too cute!!

24 Lynet Witty September 27, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I love her hair!

25 Sandra Douma September 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm

She is so CUTE !!!

26 Allison September 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I was just wondering about your high chair. Is it from ikea? If it is, how do you like it? I know strange question but I’m shopping for one and it seems to be the best one I can find for a decent price.

27 Sherri September 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm

She is so beautiful! Wish we lived closer.

28 Laura * Suman September 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm

She is so adorable. Love her. She has a hint of Laney in her….her eyes or coloring perhaps. Not sure what but I thought of her while looking at these.

29 Allison September 27, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Omg it make’s me so sad to read your monthly posts on Clara because my baby boy is the same age and it makes me realize more how quickly they change and on top of that our kids easily look like they could be cousins lol same chubby cheeks, same blue eyes and same hair color! We’ll both be missing those gummy grins but they’ll have more wonderful things to share. Clara is adorable btw and is definitely growing too fast.

30 kristina September 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm

she is so cute:)

31 Joy September 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Dynamo. Big time. BLESSING. She is a DOLL and I bet you could just squeeze her and smooch her all day long! I love the color of her hair, such a beautiful shade and…..she does comb over very well! My “baby” is getting married next weekend so these photos make me a bit sentimental I must admit! We have 3 children and I was always amazed at each birth how we could fall in love with that little bundle each time! How can our hearts even HOLD all that love? Just another miracle of God I guess!

32 Melissa H September 27, 2012 at 5:39 pm

She’s precious! I too am enjoying my 3rd child (she’s 9 1.2 months at the moment) and I know what you mean about enjoying her even more then my previous babies, it’s like I just want to hold her close as much as possible and breath her in, lol I’m just ga ga for her…. honestly, I’m enjoying her so much I can’t imagine never having another baby.

33 Donna September 27, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Time goes by too quickly. She is so cute!

34 Shelly September 27, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Blech, my kids are early teethers. Mine just turned 6 months and got his two top teeth; his two bottom came in at 4 months. If he continues in his sister’s timeline, the next two will be in within a couple of weeks. I miss gummy smiles, but at least the kiddos are cute either way!

35 Sarah September 27, 2012 at 11:22 pm

SHE IS SO CUTE. my ten month old is on the thinner side, (she’s oh so beautiful) and I don’t prefer an overly chubby babe, but i got to say little Clara has a great amount of CHUB. good job.

36 Disney September 28, 2012 at 12:22 am

the one of her looking like she’s about to cry-I melt!!

37 Cate September 28, 2012 at 12:27 am

oh, she is lovely! I remember sniffing my 3rd baby’s neck and literally being intoxicated by her scent and my overwhelming love for her. I concluded she gave off a particular pheromone that sent me into a spin (and still does). Whatever it is, enjoy, she’s a treasure!

38 Lindsay September 28, 2012 at 12:40 am

Wow! Such a different seven months makes from her newborn picture! She is adorable.

39 Manderley September 28, 2012 at 8:45 am

Soooooooo pretty!!!!!
waao

40 Beth September 28, 2012 at 11:07 am

I love that you posted the cranky photos! Most bloggers only show you the perfect pics and you are left wondering why your own babe isn’t cute and photogenic 24/7, lol. But she is seriously cute, even while she is cranking!

41 Shannon September 28, 2012 at 11:27 am

so cute!

42 Kinsey Dixon September 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm

She really is quite adorable. I always show my husband. I’m like, “look at this precious baby girl!”. He smiles politely. He just doesn’t get it. She’s a treasure and a gift. All babies are.

43 Irina September 29, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Oh! She looks gorgeous! Look at those chubby thighs! Aren’t they the most delicious thing! I can’t stop squeezing my baby’s ones too.

44 Tati September 30, 2012 at 8:54 am

The day satrted so cute seeing these pretty photos! Kisses from Brazil!

45 Anne-Laure R October 1, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Quel beau bébé!!

46 Clara October 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Bellissima! She’s becoming even more cute! Congratulations Dana! :-)