Book Signing in Austin, TX—Next week!

by Dana on August 30, 2012

For all you local Texans, I’m happy to announce….an Austin book signing for Fabrics A to Z! Yay!
And at one of my favorite fabric spots: The Stitch Lab.
If you’ve never been there you’re in for a treat. It’s pretty much the coolest, funkiest, most colorful, friendly, and fabric-packed shop in Austin. Check out my post about it here.

And to top it off, they’re having a huge fabric sale that night:

25% off all cotton prints
15% off all Echino
25% off Laminates and Oilcloth
25% off Linens, Kona, and Cotton Voiles

Plus….
April Kling Meyer from Fabricker fabric shop will be joining us to share/sell unique fabrics and remnants from her current store.

It’s a total party.
And it’s NEXT Thursday! Sept 6th!
Okay. Here are the details…..

I’ll see you next week!

1 Jamie August 30, 2012 at 10:59 am

i SEW wish Ii could be there ;) Congrats, Dana!

2 Jackie August 30, 2012 at 11:07 am

If only I lived in San Antonio instead of my sister. :-/

3 Courtney August 30, 2012 at 11:28 am

Wish I could be there!!! Have a great time :-)

4 Diane Wright August 30, 2012 at 11:38 am

What Book. What is the name of the book?

5 palak August 30, 2012 at 11:42 am

Oh how I wish I could be there too!!! (still crossing my fingers that you make it into north texas) We have an in and out here now, if that helps!

6 Carrie Overman August 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Yay! I’ll be there!

7 Kimberly Grafton August 30, 2012 at 1:56 pm

When are you coming to Southern California??

8 Cara August 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm

HOORAY! I just helped roll + prettify some half yards at the Stitch Lab last night — omg, so many pretties! And soo exciting your signing your books there :)!!

9 Silvia August 30, 2012 at 5:12 pm

wish I was there, Dana…. but why is Italy one big ocean apart from Texas?!

have fun and enjoy all the night long, ladies

10 Deborah Jennings August 30, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I would love to come, but I don’t think I could take a 5-6 hour drive one way and then back. LOL I would love to come and meet up with all of you, but I live in Deep East Texas, and it is a long drive. =)

11 Leslie R. August 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Yea! I will be there and I’m bringing my book for you to sign! I love Stitch Lab, I was there twice last week. I have a serious fabric addiction.

12 Becky T August 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm

YAY! As soon as I saw “Austin” I thought ROAD TRIP! I’m just south of San Antonio. But…darn! I’m away on business from 4-7 Sep to St Louis. I’m SO disappointed. How do I get the book? But you announce another Texas stop and I’m THERE!

13 Holly August 31, 2012 at 12:11 am

Speaking of Austin, are you planning to go to QuiltCon? I just registered this morning and am excited to visit Austin for the first time!

14 Kristena C. August 31, 2012 at 3:31 am

Ahhh I’m actually going to be driving through Austin that day to visit my sister however it will be too late for me to go by, my 5 month old hates with a passion being in the car once it’s dark outside!

15 Kelly August 31, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Oh dang it, I’m going to be in Austin the week of the 17th for vacation, looks like I’ll miss it by a couple days. Maybe I can still get my hubby t I take me by that store though. It looks really neat.

16 Mikea September 1, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Waiting on your “coming to L.A. for book signing” announcement… I hope you have a good time. Sure looked like a blast at your last signing.

17 Heather D September 1, 2012 at 8:58 pm

So excited to see that you’ll be doing a book signing there! I hope I can make it!

18 Fiona @ Imogen's Angels September 2, 2012 at 5:45 am

I’m with Silvia, {above} why does that big ole ocean need to be between us. Hoping you have an awesome visit :-)

19 Tracy September 2, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I am looking forward to seeing you there!!

20 Trina Curran September 3, 2012 at 10:06 am

Oh, I wish I could take a day off and drive down! I saw that you were in Dallas this weekend…my stomping grounds. But, alas, I have 180 kids that depend on me at school every day, so I may have to order your book online. ;)

21 Lis September 4, 2012 at 10:27 pm

A little story with a happy ending…
My husband and I met through band at UMass, and we went to an alumni family campout this summer. I met a girl named Sara who was at UMass the same time as me, but we didn’t know one another at the time. Sara and I hit it off at the alumni campout, became fb friends, and the subject of sewing/fabric came up. I told her all about your site and she was so very excited about your tutorials. As it happens, she lives in *Austin*! So, while I won’t be able to make it to your book signing, she has offered to go to your book signing and mail me the signed book!!! (This is a great example of how positively wonderful the bandos are from UMass.) I can’t wait to get my book!