my other baby is OUT

by Dana on April 3, 2012

Look what showed up at my house recently:
Another baby that took me 9 months (okay a year) to make:
It’s my new book!
It’s out and available in stores and online!
I wished Casey had been home when they got here so we could recreate the last scene of Back to the Future when George McFly’s book arrives.
Yea we’re dorks.
And yea Back to the Future might be one of the greatest films of all time. The script is virtually flawless.

But let’s talk fabric.

The book is called Fabrics A to Z .

And it’s available in most countries:
• USA HERE
• Canada HERE
• Japan HERE
• China HERE

Sold as The Fabric Selector  in:
• United Kingdom HERE
• Australia HERE
• France HERE
• Germany HERE

I’ve blogged about the book before, but here are more peeks and info.
This is a book all about FABRIC—every kind, every fiber, every blend.
If you enjoy posts like this and this here on MADE, then you’re going to enjoy the book, cause that’s what’s inside.

It covers 150 different fabric types you’ll come across as a modern-day sewer. It outlines each fabric, its properties, what it’s used for, handy tips, sewing recommendations, stitch length, presser feet, etc, etc.
Fabrics A to Z is not a project-based book. But rather, a fabulous resource guide that every sewer should have on-hand. Of course I’m biased about it’s fabulousness.  But honestly, I learned a ton researching and writing it and I hope you’ll learn the same by reading and referencing it.

And guess what….it’s small enough to fit in your purse!
Just tote it along to the fabric store with you.
Isn’t that snazzy?
And if you want to know my favorite part of the book….
It might have to be this.
A four-page detailed spread in the back of the book, all about sewing needles:

I know.
Silly pleasures.
But I vividly remember spending an entire Saturday researching and writing about needles, trying to get all of the info just right, since it was actually difficult to find much online about it. Do you know what the “H” on the needle package stands for?
Come find out!
• If you don’t have the book yet, go grab it (or ask for it for Easter? Mother’s Day? Your birthday?)
• If you do have the book and would like to leave a customer review on Amazon, I would love that. You can do it here (scroll down to bottom section).
As always, thank you for stopping by!
You guys are the reason I keep doing what I do.
So thanks for motivating me.

1 Christie April 3, 2012 at 12:19 pm

You are so cool. This book looks fabulous and will definitely be on my wish list! Congrats on your book, Dana!

2 Christy April 3, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Awww….congratulations Dana!!! What an achievement; that is just wonderful. I have no idea if it’s out in Canada yet or not but will for sure check it out when we head to the US in a couple of weeks.

This is a really big accomplishment – you should celebrate in style tonight my dear!! Congratulations again!

xo

Christy.

3 Dana April 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Thanks! here’s a link the Canadian version:
I’ve added this info back into the post, along with links to other countries as well

4 Kimberly April 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm

If only I could convey how cool it is to be obsessed with fabrics to my high school students, I would be the best sewing teacher in the world! I’m going to have to put this book on my birthday wishlist!!

5 chante April 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Congratulations. What an accomplishment. I will be checking it out for sure.

6 Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts April 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm

awesome!!

7 Kris April 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

AWESOME!!!!! Congrats!!! this is beyond exciting!!! i can’t wait to get this book… hopefully mother’s day :)

8 Taylor April 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Amazing!! It is at the top of my mothers day wishlist… I even emailed my husband at work :)

On another note… THANK YOU!! Back to the future is the best movie of all time!

9 Angela April 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

How exciting, what a great resource to have and the presentation of the book and pictures are fab. Congrats!

10 LucyL April 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Congrats! It looks really nice!

11 Trina @ Craft Anyway! April 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I am so excited! I’ve been waiting for this to come out since you first wrote about it on your blog. I can’t wait to get a copy! Waa hoo! Congratulations!

12 Emily April 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Congrats :) I can only imagine how many countless hours went into this book. I’m sure it will be also helpful in future books to come, hint hint….

13 Laura April 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I live in England and received my copy just before Christmas. Not sure why we got it so much earlier but as someone who is fairly new to sewing I’ve found it to be an invaluable resource and refer to it all the time. Congratulations on a brilliant book, I’ll make sure I leave a review.

14 Ponytail April 4, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Phew, I came to the comments just so that I could see I wasn’t going mad, because I too, have had the book a few weeks now (got it from Amazon.co.uk). And loved it, of course :-)

15 Vicky April 3, 2012 at 12:35 pm

So exciting! I could definitely use this! And how handy is it that it fits in your purse? Great idea!

16 Hannah Elise April 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm

congratulations! I can only imagine all the work and time put into that, and how excited and satisfied you now feel to hold the finished product in your hands! looks amazing!

17 Hannah @ MiniMe Paperdolls April 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm

HOLY GUACAMOLE, Dana, this is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats a million times over! SO exciting! I can’t wait ’til it is in my hot little hands. :)

18 kellie April 3, 2012 at 12:42 pm

so exciting!! congratulations! i can’t wait to get my hands on one

19 Jess April 3, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Thanks for the reminder! It’s been on my wish list ever since you started talking about it. It’s coming in the mail Thursday now – I’m so excited! Congrats!

20 angie April 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Sew cool! I want one for sure!

21 christina April 3, 2012 at 12:55 pm

i have been waiting for it to come out! thanks! im so lost when it comes to buying the right fabrics.

22 ira April 3, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Congratulations, Dana!… I will surely get your book through amazon!… Well done!

23 Kathy April 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Looks wonderful!

24 Nicole Lavin Williams April 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Congratulations, Dana! I have been anxiously awaiting the publication of your book. I’m going to go out and get my grubby little paws on it as soon as possible!

25 Hayley April 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Congrats, Dana! I’m sure it was so exciting to see the finished product arrive on your doorstep… Can’t wait to see my copy arrive on my OWN doorstep soon! Yup, just ordered it. I usually like to wait until our large library has what I need on it’s shelves, but I didn’t want to have to wait for this one. :) (though I may place a request for them to order it, even so). My daughters and I have been following your blog for over a year now, and have made enough of the items you’ve posted to know that any knowledge of fabric and sewing that you might share is going to be valuable to us and will be worth checking out! Can’t wait to dig in! And how perfect that I can carry it with me to the fabric store (where I ALWAYS need it)?! Where on earth you found time to research such an exhaustive project, I’ll never know. Your many, many hours of work are much appreciated!

26 Carla April 3, 2012 at 12:57 pm

So great! Congrats! It’s on my wishlist!

27 By Night April 3, 2012 at 12:58 pm

this looks amazing! I can easily imagine how much work this must have been!
I hope I’ll get a chance to get here in Belgium. I have a lot to learn in matter of fabrics

28 Rachel - Love In The House April 3, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Congratulations! I’m so excited and happy for you! I’m a long-time lurker, first-time commentor but I had to let you know that I had been thinking about this book for the past week, wondering when it was going to available. I’ve pinned it on Pinterest and it’s at the top of my wish list now! There has been such a need for this book; one place that I can reference for all my fabric questions because, goodness knows, I can’t keep it all straight. And four pages on needles! It’s so hard to find info on needles. Thank you for all the work you put into this!

29 christina April 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm

ok, so i just bought mine. wow, it was super cheap and so fun to see your name as the author:) cant wait to get it in the mail!

30 amy @ www.brooksboutique.com April 3, 2012 at 1:00 pm

awesome job Dana! I will definitely be getting your book! You should be proud!

31 Shauna April 3, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I see an amazon.com purchase in my very near future… ;)

32 Bethany @ 3SonsPlus1...and... April 3, 2012 at 1:06 pm

That’s awesome! Congratulations…on both babies! =)

33 Ang April 3, 2012 at 1:19 pm

That’s awesome! Already added it to my wish list. :-)

34 Allison April 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm

This is going on my wishlist for sure! Congrats on it finally coming out!

35 Emily April 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Congrats Dana! It must feel so awesome to have it in your hands!!

36 Holly April 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hooray! I’ve just checked and the Vancouver Public Library has five copies of your amazing book on order and I’m number one on the holds list! Can’t wait to see this in person.

37 Cheri April 3, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Congrats! That is SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!! You should be thrilled! Plus, what an awesome reference book for anyone to have. You rock Dana. I like both your babies :)

38 Lindsay Wilkes - The Cottage Mama April 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

SO cool, Dana!! You must be so proud of yourself. A book is a serious accomplishment. Wooohoooo!!! Congrats!

39 Nicki April 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Congratulations!

40 Dana April 3, 2012 at 1:52 pm

congratulations! What a wonderful start to the year. New baby, new book. Blessings to you!

41 marsi April 3, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful! I’ll be traveling on a very long flight to China later this summer & It’s definitely a book I’d like to read up on to keep busy. & Congratulations on this accomplishment of yours!

42 Jennifer April 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm

This looks great! I can’t wait to get it. I really only know about quilting cottons but want to sew with other fabrics as well. This is just what I need!

43 Ledys April 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I’m getting it on the mail tomorrow– have been waiting for it for months. Thanks, Dana, and congratulations!!

44 Jessica at Me Sew Crazy April 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Congratulations Dana! So exciting!!! What an incredible accomplishment – you are officially an author, just seeing your name on the spine is so exciting!

45 Jackie Chester April 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Congrats on the book! It looks awesome. Definitely going to see about getting one, maybe a great mother’s day present for me. Sending that hint to my husband soon.

46 Elise April 3, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Um. You’re amazing.

47 Candice April 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Always love your posts. And I love reading and learning more and more about sewing. And Back to the Future. Going to have to go break out the trilogy right now. ;)

48 Ashley April 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Congratulations!!! I am hopeful that if I put this on my wish list I’ll get it sometime soon :)

49 Katie April 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Oh you have no idea how glad I am that your book is out! As I’ve been working on, ya know, something similar ;) I’ve been feeling like a total idiot not knowing what to call some types of fabrics and I keep thinking, “I wish I had Dana’s book!” For reals. Either I am buying it right now or I am making Bryan buy it for me for Easter. :)

Congrats again on your book! That’s so cool and exciting!

50 Gabi April 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Had to laugh about the BTTF idea and pictured you and Casey recreating the scene :D. I love the movie, too. (Okay, who doesn’t?)

Congratulations! The book looks amazing, and I’m excited that it’s out now, whoopeeeeeee!

51 Felicity @ Our Little Beehive April 3, 2012 at 2:48 pm

So freaking exciting! Congratulations!

52 Tami B April 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I’m so excited for you!!! I’m off to buy your book. I’m excited too because even though we have never met in person, and I don’t really even leave messages that often, I feel like you’re my friend. I now have a friend with a new book!!! Way to go!!!

53 Carly April 3, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’ve been following you for years, but rarely comment. I can’t WAIT to get this book! I bet your pictures are awesome and this is a subject I desperately need more information on…. I *always* sew with quilting cotton. I’m scared of anything else!

54 Michelle April 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm

My copy is being shipped from amazon. i should be getting it next week. I can’t wait!

55 zealousgirl April 3, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Why the two different titles…. pretty sure us down-under (New Zealand) know what A-Z means ;-)

56 Fiona March 1, 2014 at 9:09 am

I was wondering that too!

57 Claire | Hearthandmadeuk April 3, 2012 at 4:01 pm

What about the UK? Or did i miss that? I’m going to do my research!

58 Ponytail April 4, 2012 at 5:11 pm

It’s already out, Claire – I bought mine weeks ago. See my earlier comment above.

59 Cami April 3, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I bought mine a week ago and got it in the mail the other day. You did a wonderful job! That is such an exciting thing (for you and all of us who follow your blog faithfully). I’m actually just about ready to turn in proposals for my own dream book I want to see published. Any suggestions? I would love them.
Cami
creatingbycami.blogspot.com

60 lyndsey @ the stationery place April 3, 2012 at 4:20 pm

yay, congratulations!!!! so exciting.

61 Sophie April 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Got my copy and I’m super excited! Thanks Dana for great tutorials and a great book!

62 Phoebe April 3, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Congrats! The book looks amazing. Love the all the color!

63 Valerie Nelson April 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I just got mine last week!!! Soooo stoked! It’s my nighttime reading, lol! :) It really is awesome!

64 Cami April 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I’m so happy for you. I would love to publish a book someday! What a neat feeling! I was wondering: Did you take all the pictures in it as well. You are a woman of so many talents! I love reading your blog for the project ideas and for your fun commentary, but I am always in awe of your photography skills just as much. Way to go!

65 Photosarah Crafts April 3, 2012 at 6:04 pm

This looks awesome! I will have to get one. The more I’ve gotten into sewing, the more I realized I don’t know. I was just telling my mom that I need a book that tells me all about fabrics, and here it is!

66 Theresa April 3, 2012 at 7:33 pm

WOW! This looks like it would be a treasure in any sewer’s library! I know what I’m going to be pick up very very soon!

67 Victoria April 3, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Congratulations on your new book! This will be so useful as I’m trying to learn to sew.

68 Connie April 3, 2012 at 8:56 pm

You are just way too cool Dana!!! Congratulations…..I hope your book does extremely well. I love all things fabric so it will be a good addition to my library. Connie in California

69 treen April 3, 2012 at 9:19 pm

It’s already on my amazon wish list – I need to get new piano books for the kiddos. I may just have to sneak that onto the order!

70 Lorie April 3, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Congratulations!! It looks amazing, but not quite as cute as your other baby! ;D

71 Edris April 3, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Congratulations! I can only imagine your excitement. My hubby loves Back to the Future. It is required viewing in our household.

72 Lori April 3, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Dana, You have a gift! I remember a couple years ago when I began reading your blog thinking, “This girl is gonna do something big.” And you did! I’m so rejoicing with you. What a wonderful accomplishment.

73 Margie April 3, 2012 at 9:57 pm

How exciting! His looks like a must resource guide. Can’t wait to get a copy.

74 Andréann April 3, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I couldn’t resist and commanded a copy for myself. Mother’s day’s coming, right?

75 Brittany April 3, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Hurray! You are so accomplished! I bet Casey is so proud of you. You should be proud of yourself, too! I’m excited to get my own copy. And you better believe I expect it to be autographed… someday. Love ya.

76 Nikki April 3, 2012 at 11:45 pm

This is so exciting. You must feel so happy to see your hard work put to something so valuable to a lot of people.

77 jenni April 4, 2012 at 12:06 am

congratulations! can’t wait to get my hands on this book!!!

78 Valerie April 4, 2012 at 12:59 am

Congratulations! What a great resource! I look forward to reading it.

79 Marianne Z April 4, 2012 at 1:36 am

I was a B&N last weekend and saw your book! I was so excited to see it and be familiar enough with your blog to be excited for you too! Congrats on your newest baby!

80 Kathryn April 4, 2012 at 1:56 am

I love reading your blog. But now that I know you’re a ‘Back to the Future’ fan… I’m sold.
“If you put you’re mind to it, you can accompish anything.”
Well, done :)

81 Shas April 4, 2012 at 3:29 am

Congratulations Dana!!

82 nath April 4, 2012 at 3:48 am

Congratulations!! 2012 has certainly been a busy year for you….

83 Mandy April 4, 2012 at 6:19 am

Congratulations! I’ve emailed the link to my husband. Not sure if I can wait until mothers day though :-)

84 Stacey April 4, 2012 at 8:54 am

Oh, yay! I’ve been waiting patiently since you first told us about this book. I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy. Your blog has been such a valuable source of sewing information that I know this will be a fabulous resource. Congrats to you!

85 Miquela April 4, 2012 at 11:28 am

My copy is on its way from Barnes & Noble!! Yay and Congrats!

86 sarah April 4, 2012 at 1:01 pm

How exciting! I’ll be sure to look for your book at my local fabric shop here in Germany and if I can’t find it there it will certainly be making it’s way into my amazon shopping cart. Congratulations!

87 Joy April 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm

So awesome, Dana!!! What an exciting time for you!!!

88 Christine April 4, 2012 at 1:15 pm

So amazing!!!
I put a link on my blog, everyone needs this book!

89 Larisa April 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I am very excited to get this book! Congrates.

90 Amy F. April 4, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Congratulations! I have been looking forward to this book and will be purchasing it ASAP!

91 Sylvie April 4, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Congratulations Dana!!! That is awesome! I can’t wait to check it out!

92 katie Evans April 4, 2012 at 10:21 pm

The book looks so GREAT!! Isn’t it so exciting to see your name right there on the spine…Dana Willard, author. I’m excited to buy one. (I think you and Casey should still reenact BTTF!)

93 LiEr April 4, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Congratulations, Dana! It looks like a truly awesome resource – I’ve put it on my amazon wish list already!

94 Tara April 4, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Congrats Dana!! I am so proud & that sounds so funny b/c we don’t know eachother! I follow your blog & you are so talented! Now you have written a book? You just took it to the next level, good for you! It must feel surreal!! As a sewer I will be sure to purchase this. Best of luck to you….but you don’t need it.

95 Mary Ann B April 5, 2012 at 12:02 am

Congratulations on your new book! I know what my next Amazon purchase is going to be in a few minutes! I have been sewing for all my life but appreciate a concise and organized book for fabric reference. And I am sure we all know people this book would make a great gift for this Mother’s day or their next birthday!

96 mauri April 5, 2012 at 12:31 am

congratulations! I would absolutely like to nerd out to this book. I especially am looking forward to reading the 4 pages on needles. Those dern things make such a difference!

:) nice work! A baby and a book- that’s a lot in a year! go momma!

97 Laura April 5, 2012 at 2:19 am

Just ordered it from the UK – it will take ages for my in-laws to figure out how to get it sent to me here in Belgium but I’m excited, nonetheless! Congratulations – you’re an inspiration to all us crafty mamas out there!

98 Becky April 5, 2012 at 2:42 am

Wow!!! Congratulations!

99 Kristina April 5, 2012 at 11:40 am

Mine came in the mail over the weekend. It looks great!

100 BerryK April 5, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Already have mine and love it!
Job well done!

101 Jean April 5, 2012 at 7:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, you published author, you!!! WOOHOO!!!

102 Shannon April 5, 2012 at 9:54 pm

What an amazing accomplishment – Wishing you much success! (I definitely need this one in my book stash!)

103 Anneliese April 5, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hooray! It must be beyond awesome to have that package arrive in the mail! I’m excited to get my hands on one.

104 Ali Thompson April 6, 2012 at 12:33 am

Dana,

Congrats to you! What a lovely accomplishment. Can’t wait to pick up a copy. So very excited for you.

xoxoAli

105 Analia April 6, 2012 at 9:01 am

Congrats! The book will be on my wish list!

106 Kristin April 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Congratulations.
You’re a very cool woman and it’s fascinating to see all the projects you get up to. This book is a nice addition to your profile. Be proud and enjoy the excitement.

107 Fiona April 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm

What about Ireland? Is it available here too??? :0)

108 Nancy April 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

How exciting! Congrats to both babies.

109 Chris April 19, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I’ve been waiting for a book like this! Thanks for making it a reality. Just purchased it on Amazon. :)

110 Cate April 22, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Congrats! This is going on my wish list!

111 Colby April 22, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Dana,
Thank you so much for creating this book!!! I’ve been looking for something like this and your book is simple, easy to read, but full of everything a new sewing enthusiast needs to know. So I bought one and I LOVE IT!!

Colby

112 Marion April 23, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Thanks for this good idea, I need your book !!!! Unfortunatly, I’m French and I’m afraid to be not able to understand everything…… Will it be translated ? If not, I hope Google Translator will help me !!!

Marion

113 Sheerin April 23, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Hmmm! I purchased your book last week and still waiting for the book to arrive as the supplier is from UK. I am from New Zealand and didn’t want to buy from Austrailia because too expensive. $45 Aussie supplier and $22 UK supplier. Both of them are free shipping. Can’t wait to read the book!

114 Lori April 24, 2012 at 7:41 am

Dana, I guess I’m the only one wondering, but does the publisher intend to put out a kindle version?

Thanks!

115 Joan McLemore May 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Beautiful book. Wishing you many sales!

116 Colleen August 27, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Hi Dana, I’ve followed your website for years, lurking in the background. :-P I love the projects you make, but also your sheer exuberance for life and your family. :-)

A couple of months ago I stumbled across a rather brilliant bookstore (Matilda Bookshop) in Stirling, in the Adelaide Hills (South Australia, Aus) and they had your book. I thought it was pretty freaking cool that a little village (okay, not so little…Stirling’s the heart of the Hills) had your book!

I wasn’t allowed to buy the book at the time (my fabric addiction may do my husband’s head in), but it’s now winging its way to me in Adelaide. :-)

Cheers,

~Colleen

117 Rachel September 10, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Dana, Ashley over at Mommy By Day Crafter By Night led me to your site for the Simple Skirt tutorial (she shared her finished skirt on her blog). Can’t wait to make it! Happened to see your book, Fabrics A to Z, while looking for the pattern, which is funny because my sister recently got it at Barnes and Noble. I had forgotten the name of it and she keeps forgetting to text me the info. SO excited because now I can go and get it today! Such an awesome resourse guide…it is going to help me A LOT! Just subscribed to your blog, too! Looking forward to looking around here and to future posts!

118 Ana Elisa September 20, 2012 at 10:53 am

Hi I’m Brazilian and a want you book!!! but portuguese!!! LOL

I love you Blog
Xo

119 Tang October 9, 2012 at 10:42 am

I think I’ll have to pick this book up! It looks like a great book to have handy!

120 Diana October 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Great looking book, so full of info. Would love to add it to my library. Thanks for the giveaway.

121 IVONNE DELGADO October 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I would love this for my Christmas PRESENT!!!

122 Diana Chavarria December 18, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I really wonder if this sales in Mexico and if by chance this in Spanish. I loved your idea

123 Monika Tanu January 8, 2013 at 10:33 am

Glad I can find it here in Bangkok! Just learn sewing and find a lot of trouble in fabric. Thanks!

124 Jen Trujillo January 18, 2013 at 4:54 am

I got it….I love the book. Congratulations!!!!

125 Jenny January 19, 2013 at 10:52 am

ok, so at this point I totally feel like a danamadeit blog stalker! Was reading your blog from the other day about the books by Deborah Moebes, and immediately went to Amazon to buy them… then was reading some more and saw YOUR book, so back to Amazon!! Thank goodness for prime! Thanks for your blog. As the new girl to the sewing world, it’s incredibly inspiring. your tutorials are so fool proof that I actually have the confidence to be successful in my sewing adventures! Thanks!

126 zafiro February 26, 2013 at 2:32 pm

when publish in spanish??

127 deb April 9, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Found your site via Pinterest …Love it!

Congratulations on your Book – I’ll be looking into it next!
Love the Tote Bags, and am excited to explore more on your website.

Happy Spring!
deb

128 Beth May 2, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Neat! I just read an online article about how I need to use different machine needles for different fabrics and Did Not Know That. Luckily, I haven’t tried to graduate to delicate or knit fabrics yet. Sturdy cotton for me!

I’m going to put this on my Amazon wishlist. My mom will probably get it for me later this year, as she loves things like this. It looks like a very practical and useful resource. :) Thanks for writing it.

129 cucicucicoo May 6, 2013 at 3:47 am

Hi Dana,
Are the two books exactly the same? I want to buy it and where I live (Italy) they are both available through Amazon, though the Fabric Selector costs a few euros less, but perhaps that’s because it’s more readily available in Europe than Fabrics A-Z. Just wanted to check with you if they are the same inside the obviously different covers so I can order accordingly! Thanks! Lisa

130 Dana May 6, 2013 at 1:49 pm

it is the same book, but The Fabric Selector is aimed at European audiences, so I would probably purchase that one.

131 Melissa June 6, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I checked your book out at the library and LOVE it! I want to go buy it but am trying really hard to only buy electronic books as we don’t have much space. Any thoughts on an electronic version?

132 Ivy June 27, 2013 at 12:17 am

Hi, I am from Malaysia, it look very interesting. Where to get it?

133 Marilyn Krzus August 25, 2013 at 6:33 pm

This book looks like it definitely should be in every sewist’s collection. The question I–a very visual person–have is whether there are could photos of all the fabrics discussed. You could easily describe in great detail each fabric, but unless I can see it, I still am clueless. Are the photos large enough to really be able to tell? Thank you so much for putting this book together. It will definitely be a resource I will welcome. Marilyn

134 Dana August 26, 2013 at 1:21 pm

There is a photo of a fabric swatch on each page, for each fabric described. They are small swatches of the fabric, but you should be able to see the details to help you understand the description of the fabric. I wish we could have REAL fabric samples in each book but I’m sure that would be a nightmare to figure out how to distribute it all!

135 Jo Moran August 27, 2013 at 11:09 am

Love your blog, am going to be making your fiesta skirts this week. Would like to buy this book but first need to know if you give the British name for fabrics? I get very confused as a lot of the blogs I read are American and refer to fabrics which are known by a different name in the UK. It’s really hard to find online the British equivalent name for a fabric.

Jo

136 Maggie September 28, 2013 at 12:00 am

Hi, I am from Singapore, apparently none of your books can be purchased here.
Do you know of anywhere I can purchase one?

Thank you.

137 Lisa January 11, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I’m going to beg my library to buy a copy. I have no more physical space for another book but can’t wait to see it. Congratulations.

138 diah purba January 22, 2014 at 1:47 am

Hello, your blog is one of my favorite. And I really want to have your book (Fabric A-Z). I’ve called every ‘big’ bookstore in here and I was thrilled when I found one bookstore that has your book. But sadly…today I received a notification email that your book’s out of stock. They’ve tried to find from another source but the result is negative.
I just hope the it will be available soon in my country.

Regards,
Diah
Jakarta, Indonesia

139 Jenny B November 26, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I’m so glad I discovered that you are one of my favorite people! I started sewing about 2 years ago and have followed your tutorials by accident and then even bought your Fabrics A to Z book without even realizing YOU wrote it! I’m kind of geeking out on you but I don’t care. I’m just excited.