you knew the decor would come to this…

by Dana on February 7, 2012

Hearts, hearts, and more hearts.
I just had to.
Garland’s are just too easy to make!
Inspired by Made by Rae’s heart garland and based on the Happy Day Garland Tutorial, you know the drill….

I couldn’t decide if I liked the hearts going vertical (above) or horizontal (below).
So, you’ve got options.
And at Christmas time I went a little heart crazy….cutting and cutting and sewing up garlands for gifts.
I paired the garland with cozy socks from Old Navy or a heart tablecloth from Target.
Easy gift!
and perfect TV watching project.

1 Erica @ Acire Adventures February 7, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I love them, they’re so cute!

2 Jenny from My Handmade Home February 7, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Very cute!!! I can see me doing this for Saint Patrick’s day too!

3 Alisha February 7, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Hey! I love the garland….so cute. I have always wanted to try making some but everytime I start thinking about where in the world would I hang it……… I have trouble. :( I know there has got to TONS of places in my house that I could hang it! Anyways, thanks for all the tutorials & cute things that you MADE!

4 Erin February 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I was hoping to get a crafty idea from you today :) perfect since i have a mountain of felt to use up! thanks dana!

5 Juul February 7, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Wonderfull, what a simple yet effective idea!!

6 Terri February 7, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Very festive…I made one too. Pink & Red hearts…hanging on the mantle. I am also mailing one out to my BFF.
Thanks Dana!

7 Kathleen @ A Bunch of Craft February 7, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Preeeeeeetty cute!

8 Jess February 7, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I’ve totally been wanting to make a garland like this, but cutting out all those hearts made me think twice…but yours is too adorable!

9 Nikki February 7, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Love this idea! We’re about to move my daughter (5 this week!) and my son (almost 3) into a shared room… we’re going to get them a low bunk bed and do everything we can to make the room feel special/magical. I think stringing some of these along the walls would make them both really happy :)

10 Kim February 7, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Wow! what a beautiful garland, I also can’t choose between horizontal and vertical.

Serioiusly??? Still no baby??? (I’m really bad at waiting for babies)

11 Robin February 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Love it! Of course, as always! And hey-where’s that baby??!!

12 Aline February 7, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I don’t know how you do it! The whole almost-having-a-baby-but-still-sewing-and-blogging-about-it thing. AND having two other kids to take care. AND a house, dinner and all that comes with it. Seriously…. HOW DO YOU DO IT? You’re pretty much my hero by now.

13 Ginny @ Goofy Monkeys February 7, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I love the garlands and if I had the perfect spot in my house to hang one, I’d be all over it. Hmm…maybe that’s something to think about – creating the perfect garland hanging place.

I did up a little crafty project for Valentine’s day this evening – super easy!

14 Angélique February 8, 2012 at 3:02 am

hello,
c’est une idée sympa,j’adore!!!!!
alors le bébé n’est pas encore arrivé?
au fait,je voulais te demander si tu etais d’accord pour que l’on fasse un échange de projet de couture,j’ai pleins d’idées pour ton bébé!!!
bon courage à toi et à bientôt j’espère

15 Vics February 8, 2012 at 9:14 am

What a great idea – that has to go on the to-do list!

16 Kim February 8, 2012 at 10:42 am

I did a horizontal heart felt (no pun intended!) garland last year and I loved it. But after seeing your vertical one, I’m in love! ♥ I totally want to go vertical now! Thanks Dana!

17 Kate February 8, 2012 at 11:04 am

Too Cute! I just made three about 2 weeks ago and gave them out as gifts! I thought I was going to have a permanently crooked wrist from all the cutting! But, well worth it!

18 Lisa February 8, 2012 at 2:06 pm

haha, i loved the pairing … made me laugh. Thanks. ;-)

19 Melanie February 9, 2012 at 9:57 am

Thanks for this! BTW – when I first read the blog title, I thought it said “you knew the doctor would come to this”…I thought it was baby news! lol

20 shana February 11, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Love! Good idea, good color.

21 Dana Grimmer February 14, 2012 at 12:37 pm

From one Dana to another…. I accidentally ran across your blog. I am one of those people who wants to learn and do everything! You have some fun stuff on your blog, I’ll be watching….

22 Michela January 6, 2013 at 4:27 pm

A simply perfect decoration for Valentine’s day, thanks for this lovely idea!

23 laura February 7, 2013 at 4:50 am

Hi, in my facebook page I have named, I hope you do not mind. I really liked your post!
Bye!!

24 Tess June 8, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Hi! I just saw this over on Pinterest and thought it looks easy enough for me (a complete ignorant when it comes to sewing) to do. But I was wondering , how do you keep the hearts still when you’re running them through the sewing machine? I mean, all the hearts are separate from each other, right? So do you keep them from not moving until you’ve sewn them together?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance. :)

25 Anri November 28, 2013 at 7:35 am

As been inspired by your heart garland, I have created Christmas tree version of garland. Love your design and enjoying to be creative for our kids. Happy Holidays!