big ole roundup

by Dana on February 8, 2012

There’s not much to do around our house.
We completely cleaned and organized everything on Saturday. I finished some last minute baby projects…and started a new knitting one. Btw, some of you have asked about the chevron blanket I started months ago. It’s done! But I’m waiting to take pics of the blanket with a real babe in it. So more to come on that.

In the mean time, I’ll continue pinning Valentine’s ideas and inspiration since I just can’t get enough hearts. If you need more hearts in your life too, this one’s for you….
———————————————————————-
Gotta figure out how to make a scalloped sweater like that.
And how cute is Anna with her big heart pillow?
TOP: Scalloped sweaterheart lightsspoonflower fabric love is in the air
BOTTOM: wall of heartsred heart pillowprintable vintage valentines

I’ve seen these felt fortune cookies around blogland and always thought they would be a pain to make. But did you know they only take 3 stitches?? What? Check out Curly Birds for the info.
Valentine project overload?
No prob. Just add 9 more to the list:
TOP: fortune teller valentine’sorigami garlandpaint swatch bookmarks
MIDDLE: paper heart garland love bug valentine’sfelt candy pockets
BOTTOM: burlap bannersugar packet valentine’sheart friendship bracelets
——————————————————————–
Remember when katy did was blogging? I heart that site…..and her heart headband.
I also love:
Valentine’s dishes with edible paint from how about orange.
A pillow made of chalkboard fabric for writing love messages at mer mag.
From the MADE archives, everything I’ve ever done with hearts:
TOP: felt cookieswall of heartsheart hotpads
MIDDLE: placemat apronsvalentine’s sackslittle gift pouches
MIDDLE: heart garlandheartbreaker valentinescrazy heart pants
BOTTOM: doily heart shirthanging heart charmsmetallic hearts shirt

And of course what would Valentine’s be without some treats?
A slice of six layer dark chocolate and strawberry buttercream cake or chocolate chip cherry cheesecake?
Both please.And these too.Homemade Snickers and carrot cupcakes with pink lemon frosting.
Have a great Wednesday!

1 fern February 8, 2012 at 10:59 am

loving the heart overload! Happy Wednesday to you too!

2 Jean February 8, 2012 at 11:42 am

So much Valentine’s fun!!! You’re making me feel even more festive!

3 Natural-Nester February 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Such a fun post! With some amazing ideas!! I love it!

4 Jenn February 8, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I am making the fortune cookies in red felt for my son’s classroom valentines– they are super easy and so cute! He is typing up the sentiments and I am making the cookies. We will put them together and he can deliver them to his little friends in class on Valentine’s day. You should try them for sure!

5 iris February 8, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Lovely ideas! I am also curious about the results of your sewing room make over :-)

6 ktmade February 8, 2012 at 4:54 pm

well now i’m hungry…

7 delia February 8, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Love all the heart love. That scalloped sweater is really pretty. I agree.

We haven’t been decorating at all for Valentines Day yet! I plan to get us festive this Friday when Owen is out of school.

Good luck tomorrow! I’m thinking of you!

8 Michele February 8, 2012 at 10:37 pm

You are amazing! I am always blown away by how much you accomplish, even at this stage in your pregnancy. Thank you for inspiring me to get Valentining!

9 Paula Titel February 8, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hey Dana, I made the felt fortune cookies today!! I think I got the tutorial from “somewhat simple” which just uses floral wire and hot glue instead of sewing. Super easy. (My Dh and I are finding out the sex of our baby on V-day, so we’re sharing the news in person with my in-laws by adding the gender to the fortune cookie message. Oh, and I put them in craft take-out boxes. )

10 niki February 9, 2012 at 6:17 am

oh i love friendship bracelets!

11 Christa Schärer February 9, 2012 at 8:21 am

Schöne Bilder!

12 MaryElizabeth February 13, 2012 at 9:15 am

I saw you painted heart shirt and immediately got one of my daugter’s plain shirts and painted “A B C” on it.

I did the “hearts on the wall” but instead of using newspaper I used trader joes grocery bags. I never do lovey stuff in February, but this year you got me into it! Good job!

13 alissa February 23, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I made those homemade snickers and they are amazing! Here is a tip though, make sure to use salted peanuts. I didn’t and I later had to add salt to the chocolate layer! The salt really helps bring all the yummy flavors out. They are a bit too sweet without it.