Day 20: Marshmallow Creme Dip

by Dana on December 20, 2011

My friend Eva used to bring this to our book club get-togethers and I thought it was amazing. Then she told me there were only 2 ingredients. And I thought it was even more amazing. And to top it off, the cute pink twist was nothing more than food coloring! You know, just for fun.
I like fun.
Now it’s my favorite go-to dip for parties.
It’s just so easy! And with a piece of tart fruit tastes creamy good.
Marshmallow Creme Dip
(1) 8oz block of cream cheese (room temperature)
(1) 7oz bottle of Marshmallow Creme (sorry if it’s not carried in your area. I’m not sure what to substitute)

Mix them together with an electric mixer for about a minute.
Then pick your flavor or color.
If you want to try both, split the recipe into two bowls and add one of each:
- 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa powder (add more if you like a richer chocolate but not too much or the dip will be too thick)
- dab of food coloring. I used Wilton’s burgundy color. OR, for added flavor, throw some strawberry or raspberry jam in there. Or try strawberry flavored cream cheese. Options!

Two yummy dips!
Then select and cut your favorite fruits.

Arrange them on your favorite plate.
And eat-it-all.
Yummy.
Granny smith apples and strawberries with pink dip were my favorites.
Check out the Sweets and Treats archive page HERE.

1 sharon January 16, 2012 at 11:22 am

I changed it up a tad..took your awesome basic recipe and added a bit of chocolate syrup and a handful of chocolate chips to the mix..served with graham crackers…omg..so yummy!

2 Grams January 20, 2012 at 12:28 am

This is one of my favorite dips. I also mix marshmallow creme with peanut butter for another yummy fruit dip.

3 Jennifer January 20, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I’m not sure if it is something with your new site or just a fluke, but my google reader said this was the latest post from your site. Just wanted to let you know…

4 Denise Holbrook January 22, 2012 at 6:10 pm

A good substitute for Marshmallow Creme is Marshmallow Fluff (which tastes much better than Creme). Fluff is sold mostly back east. Here is a link to the site where you can order some: http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/pages/order_by_credit.html :) Hope this helps!

5 Ashley Giles February 2, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I have been making this dip for years and it is the BEST!!!! I add a little vanilla extract in it and it makes a HUGE difference!!!!!!!

6 Bobbie February 3, 2012 at 3:49 pm

this recipe looks delicious! I featured it on my blog for our superbowl party. You can see it http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/2012/02/super-bowl-eats.html

7 Joe February 19, 2012 at 1:40 am

To make it a bit sweeter add Honey

8 Janet Kimball February 19, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I used to make this recipe with only 2 ingredients. Then I saw Emiril make it on a Morning News show. He added Cinnamon. I usually add 2 teaspoons. It is great with that little extra twist!

9 Carol MacGregor March 3, 2012 at 9:15 am

Love this post . . . . . makes me smile on a gloomy Boston winter day!

10 Amber March 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I add vanilla extract, and orange rind, and a little orange juice to mine. Soooo good.

11 jacki March 24, 2012 at 10:03 am

I want to make this for a party – how far in advance can I do it? How long does it keep in the fridge?

12 Amber September 9, 2012 at 6:34 pm

If you are allergic to eggs try marshmallow ice cream topping, tastes the same and is egg free!

13 Kim January 9, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Love this! Just made it this morning though instead of using food colouring, I mixed in about a tsp. of maraschino cherry juice from a jar of cherries and that gave it just a hint of flavour and the pink colour without relying on food colouring!

14 Stephanie March 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I’ve been making this for years and I always use strawberry cream cheese instead of regular. So gooood and no need to add food coloring.