Day 1: Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Roll

by Dana on December 1, 2011

It’s December!
December 1st.
Ready to gain 5 pounds?

Okay, hopefully not.
Buttttt (sorry), let the countdown to Christmas begin!….with something gooey, chocolatey, and freaking good.
This is my sister Camille’s go-to recipe.
And last month I was totally craving a slice.
So I asked her to for the details, made it that day, and almost finished it off that night (with the help of a few friends).
Seriously, it’s soooo good……
Are you sold?

Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Roll

Prep:
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Generously spray it with non-stick spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, microwave for 2 min:
1 package mini marshmallows – 10.5 oz or 297 grams (appx 6 and 2/3 cups)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter

Stir ingredients and add:
5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies

Mix well and spread mixture on the greased waxed paper. Coat hands with non-stick spray and flatten out Rice Krispie mix until it is even and compressed. Set aside.
Melt together in microwave, in 20 second intervals:
1 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips (if you don’t have PB chips in your area, use more chocolate or mix it up with butterscotch chips?)
Be careful not to overmelt the chips or they will burn.

Spread the melted peanut butter and chocolate onto the rice crispie mixture. Roll the Rice Krispie mixture horizontally into one log–lift the wax paper at one end to help. Refrigerate for appx 30 minutes. Slice and serve.
I can’t decide if I like them better cold from the fridge (so the chocolate is chunky)….or at room temperature (so the chocolate is gooey).
Either way I can’t help but eat about 3 slices, in one sitting.
Yikes.

Enjoy!
——————————————————————-
In case you missed the intro, we’re counting down the days till Christmas with a new recipe each day–that’s 25 sweets and treats from me and other blogging friends. I’ll be adding recipe links as the month goes by on the archives page HERE. See you tomorrow!

1 jenny January 26, 2012 at 5:22 pm

wow wow wow these are so good

2 Leigh Anne February 26, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Made these and they are sooooo yummy! And easy too! I like that I didn’t have to heat up my oven to make a tasty cookie-like treat ;). I’m hoping to have everyone eat them when I take them to a party tonite……they are tooooo dangerous to have at my house…..lol!

3 Sharon March 11, 2013 at 12:44 am

OMG! i can’t believe i didn’t see this recipe until now! this is all my fave desserts/flavors in one!! too bad i’m trying to lose 10 lbs in a month. maybe i’ll push my jogging stroller for an extra 30 minutes to eat one slice! thanks for the recipe!!

4 shyne April 10, 2013 at 10:06 pm

flavors in one!! like :)

5 Simone April 27, 2013 at 12:58 am

Made these for my nephews birthday – totally delish!!! Thank you :)

6 ATasteOfMadness July 1, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I have been meaning to make something like this for the longest time. Me seeing this must be a sign. I need to make this soon!

7 Brett August 12, 2013 at 11:30 pm

stumble upon suggested this page to me. and then i gained like 5 lbs just reading. but it would be a gain worth it. these look marvelous!!

8 Miss J August 15, 2013 at 1:54 am

Hate to admit my age but over 40 years ago at work, a fellow employee’s mother would make these for our pot luck affairs. I always intended to this myself and still haven’t but they are sooooooo simple and tasty!

9 Larmck December 18, 2013 at 8:59 pm

These look really great made with the “colored–red, green and plain” Christmas Rice Krispies