The Circle Skirt Tutorial

by Dana on September 27, 2010

If you’re looking for the Circle Skirt, please click  HERE (and in the TUTORIALS link at the top of the blog):

1 Amy May 5, 2012 at 10:23 am

Thanks for this tut!! It was well done and super easy to follow (even with the math!!) ;) I made a skirt and posted the finished product on my blog, of course crediting and linking to you. :)

2 Joan McLemore May 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm

3 Kathy July 26, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Dana, I am making poodle skirts for my granddaughters and their friends using this pattern. You noted that it takes 1 yard of fabric? Is that for 45″ fabric? I am using felt and it usually comes in 54-60″ so I’m thinking I wouldn’t need a yard for each skirt.

Thanks a bunch for sharing with us.

4 Heather D August 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Thank you so much for another great tutorial. I just made one for my daughter last night and next week I am helping my sister and friend make one for their daughters.

I blogged about the one I made.

5 Abigail January 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Thank you for this tutorial! I sewed my very first article of clothing using it, and I made a blog post on it here:

6 tia March 25, 2013 at 9:43 pm

hi, i love the circle skirt, but i was just wondering if you could email me what type of fabrics i could use for the skirt. for example silk, cotton…. that would be an absolute gem. thanks

7 Widi January 18, 2014 at 6:01 am

Hi Dana, thanks for the tutorials. I made 3 skirts now for my daughter. I made changes by adding a waistband. They are used regularly and i love them. Ive blogged about them linking here. Thanks.

8 Elaine February 22, 2015 at 10:13 am

If you made this out of scarf fabric would you have a kids ballet type dance skirt?

9 pam July 17, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I do not see the circle skirt tutorial anywhere on this site (probably user error) – such as where could i find the measurements for the fabric I should be cutting? Could someone please share the direct URL with me – I’m a beginner sewer and I think I could do this one :)

10 Dana July 17, 2015 at 2:38 pm

You need to click through above for the full tutorial. This was just the teaser post :)
Here you go!