We all need a skirt that works for any occasion.
And this skirt can go anywhere!—to the party, to school, to work, to the beach.
It’s dainty, but flirty.
It has pockets. YES.
And though it’s a gathered skirt,it’s quite flattering on all body types.
The Anywhere Skirt Pattern – $9
For a while you guys have been asking for patterns for women and teenagers.
This skirt pattern works for both!….and for little girls as well. But I really love how tailored and fun it looks on the older group.
The Anywhere Skirt is a custom-fitted skirt for ALL ages and ALL sizes.
It comes with a high or low waist and there are minimal gathers at the hips…so it lays beautifully on your body. And it’s made to fit your body dimensions perfectly!
Of course you can also make the skirt FULL–with gathers all the way around. Cause that’s adorable too. This black + white gingham version is perfect as an extra-full, extra-short beach skirt. You’ll find that the beauty of this pattern is that there are so many ways to mix it up, for any body size, for any occasion, and for any season.
• There are button closures in the front of the skirt (or you can wear the buttons around to the back). If you’ve never sewn buttonholes, no worries! We’ll walk through everything together.
• The skirt has an optional sash, which ties around the front or back.
• There’s only ONE page of pattern pieces you need to print! Yay! No piecing pages together.
• And with a separate waistband, the door is wide open for all sorts of creativity:
Gold pleather? Satin? Lace? Color-blocked?
Options, options, options.
Here are the details…
This is a 25-page PDF document, with detailed information and pattern pieces for sewing the Anywhere Skirt, for any size or any age. Instructions are easy to follow, with beautiful photos and illustrations, and a conversational tone that helps you feel like I’m right there next to you, joining in the sewing fun!
I’ve also included a simplified Cheat Sheet of Instructions + Measurement Chart, which you can print for easy reference on future sewing projects.
Advanced Beginner – Intermediate
Because this pattern requires a bit of math/calculations, and the ability to sew buttonholes, I’ve labeled it Advanced Beginner. Of course I encourage anyone to push themselves and take on a challenge. So if you’re a true beginner, don’t be scared off…because you know I like to share ALL the details with you in my patterns. Just be prepared for the process to take a little longer than a beginner project. So if you’re up for the challenge, give it a shot! Or grab a sewing friend to coach you along the way. Sewing is always an adventure!
The Anywhere Skirt comes in multiple styles and lengths.
Each style has a fitted waistband, front plackets with button closures, and pockets!
Styles shown in this pattern:
• Partially Gathered Skirt
• Full Skirt
• Skirt with a Sash
• Various Lengths: Mini Skirt • Midi Skirt • Maxi Skirt • Knee-length
This pattern is for ANY age and ANY size.
It’s all based on your exact waist measurement, with ratios and a few calculations.
So what you end up with, is a skirt that fits YOU perfectly.
FABRIC and NOTIONS
For each Skirt you need:
• 1 1/2 to 3 yards of fabric
• 5-10 buttons
• 1/2 yard of interfacing
The exact amount of fabric needed is dependent on your waist size and the style/length you choose. It’s sort of a choose-your-adventure pattern. Exciting, right? It’s safe to say that for a woman’s or teen size skirt you will need 2-3 yards of fabric.
There are so many gorgeous fabrics that work on this skirt–and the best types are wovens.
My recommendations are:
Linen, Cottons (quilting weight, light-weight, medium-weight), Silk + Rayon.
DOWNLOADING the pattern
After purchase, you are sent a link for downloading the pattern to your computer. This is sent to the email address attached with your paypal account. It’s best to open the pattern link and download it on a computer or laptop (rather than mobile device).
When you open the file:
• First do a “save as” or “export” the file directly to your computer, so you always have a copy.
• Then open the file from that saved copy and print the appropriate pages indicated.
• You can then send that file to your phone or tablet.
• The file size is 1 MB
The most exciting part of this pattern is that there’s only ONE page of pattern pieces to print!
Hooray! No piecing pages together!
• Pages print to standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper (for printing outside of the US see below)
• Included is a shortened Cheat Sheet of Instructions + Measurement Chart for easy reference, each time you make a skirt.
Printing outside of the US
The pattern was created for standard US printers but should work for other countries as well. There’s a measuring box on the pattern page, so you can see if you’ve printed to the proper print size. The pattern images do NOT print to edge of the paper…so I recommend printing to your standard size paper, checking the box, and make adjustments as needed.
And that’s about it!
Ready to Sew??
The Anywhere Skirt – $9
• Instant payment is through Paypal
• E-check payment through Paypal will delay your pattern download a few days.
• MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER EMAIL ADDRESS ATTACHED TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. This email address is where the info about your purchase and download instructions will be sent.
• You will receive a few emails confirming your payment and providing info about downloading the pdf pattern to your computer.
When you’ve finished sewing, share your photos with us!
• Instagram them with the tag #anywhereskirtmade and tag me as well @danamadeit
• Share them in the You Made it Flickr group.